Worried about getting stuck in the middle of nowhere with a flat tyre?
Well worry no longer, as Flaxley Tyres offers affordable puncture repairs Birmingham, and we provide 24-hr mobile services as well for your convenience. Our experts strictly follow the BS AU 159 standards to ensure safe puncture repairs and the highest service standards.
Is It Possible to Repair All Punctures?
The simple answer to this question is no.
Punctured tyres still need to meet some criteria to be eligible for repairs, this is a legal requirement. Flaxley Tyres will not be able to conduct puncture repairs under the following circumstances:
- The size of the puncture is larger than 6 mm.
- If the puncture is located in an area outside the central 3/4th region.
- The sidewalls of the tyre are damaged.
- If run-flat tyres are punctured.
- If the general conditions of the tyre do not meet the legal requirements. For example, the tread depth is lower than 1.6 mm.
In these cases, a much safer and legal way out is to buy a replacement. You can take your pick from our massive collection of car tyres Birmingham at great prices.
Common Causes of Tyre Punctures
- Low tyre pressure
- Damaged wheel rims
- Driving over rough roads
- Driving over debris (nails, screws and glass shards etc)
- Faulty TPMS valves, etc.
What Should You Do After a Puncture?
As soon as you realise that there is a potential problem, immediately slow down and gradually stop your car at the side of the road. You can call Flaxley Tyres for our mobile tyre services, on 07951503825. Alternatively, you can visit our workshop, and our professionals will repair your tyre whilst you wait. It is ideal not to attempt any DIY method to repair punctures as any incorrect step may damage the tyres and wheels permanently.
As per the BS AU 159 standards, we will conduct any of the following puncture repairing methods based on the requirement:
- Combination of Plug and Patch
Call us to book an appointment or for further information.